Thursday, September 9, 2010

Awaiting Autumn



Something I've always loved about living in Atlanta is that we experience each season. It would really be strange for me to have Christmas in a warmer climate, although we are not quite lucky enough to have a white one here!

But what I love more than the seasons themselves is the change from one to another, and the transition between summer and fall is the most exciting to me. Yes, it's still climbing into the nineties these days, but you can definitely feel the approaching cooler weather in the morning hours.

I was lucky to design a wedding last weekend that was a palette of oranges, reds, yellows... a perfect color scheme for celebrating the coming season. These photos show personal flowers that accompanied the wedding party down the aisle.



This wedding really got me excited about autumn, which officially arrives Wednesday September 22, 2010 at 11:09 PM ET. I am a big fan of Antonio Vivaldi's Four Seasons, so I'm listening to the "Autumn" concerto... listen to the 1st movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment